Welsh Government is the devolved government for Wales, with a strong track record for attracting inward investment and supporting businesses to grow sustainably. Kellogg’s, Unilever, Burton’s Biscuits, Nestlé, Cadbury, Mitsubishi Food, Calbee, LDC are all good examples of this. Its recently published food and drink future strategic vision aims to develop a stronger and more vibrant food and drink industry with a global reputation for excellence, along with having one of the most environmentally and socially responsible supply chains in the world.
Wales has all the right ingredients for business, as a place to be innovative and competitive internationally, with:
• Specialist industry expertise with food innovation centres supporting companies through every stage of new product development
• Excellent supply chain and sub-sector networks for sourcing raw materials
• Highly skilled workforce with a renowned university system focussed on industrial collaboration and research and development
• High levels of financial support and grants available
• A strategic location with rail, air and sea links to all major UK and mainland European markets
The level of support available to businesses in Wales is significant and the costs are highly competitive.
To learn more click here: Food & Drink Manufacturing.pdf (tradeandinvest.wales)